Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 26, 2014

I Love it by Trussel is PERFECTION



Trussel was a funk group from Petersburg, Virginia who first came to some fame as Evelyn King's touring band. Then they had one l.p. release in 1980 on Elektra Records. It featured the infectious disco throw-down Love Injection. But the real prize on it was I Love It. A few years back it was included on the superb cd series Azuli Presents, this one featuring Derrick L. Carter, Choice: A Collection of Classics. Since re-discovering it, it has been consistently one of my most played tracks in iTunes.



It is simply just not your typical disco or funk tune. Not even a dollop of cheese on this one. It's a veritable house party in itself. The production work by Fred Wesley, who formerly had collaborated with the Ike and Tina Turner Review, James Brown and Funkadelic is adventurous and far from commercial sounding. Around this time Fred Wesley also came out with a major Loft classic with his own House Party 12" on RSO records. It was featured on Nuphonic records Loft Classics Volume 2 compilation. But back to I Love It cause hot damn I just love it so much!



The breaks are on fire on this track. In fact by about five and a half minutes in it turns into a full-stop jazz funk jam session. The lead singer starts a frenzied insane scat and then the hook just repeats over and over:
I Love It
I Love Only You
I Love It
And The Things That You Do
I Love It
I Love Only You
I Love It
And The Things That You Do....That You Do....That You Do...That You Do

Truly a disco funk jazz odyssey. This love mantra just keeps repeating until it fades out but by then you should love it too.

Here grab it:
I LOVE IT ZIP

Show your appreciation for the Disco Vinyl blog by clicking on the ads please.










Custom Search

4 comments:

asdfffdsa said...

Just found this blog!

Looks like you've got a lot of juicy stuff.

I'll be hanging around then ;)

ExpatMichael said...

Hope you visit often!

Anonymous said...

just found this myself

I Love It
And The Things That You Do....That You Do....That You Do...That You Do

Alan said...

I just stumbled on your fab blog - the Trussel link is broken tho and I would LOVE to hear this! Could you repost it or something? x