Total Pageviews

Friday, April 25, 2014

The first 2 Cube singles Two heads are better than one and Prince of the Moment


Cube were composed of Paul Griffiths, Rudy Trevisi and Serse May.  They were based out of Italy but are clearly not Italians.  Not much info. on this fact.  But I can say that I love their sound.  It's definitely out of the new wave vein but also quite Italo Disco too.


They only had one full album release and that was in 1983 with Can Can in the Garden.




CUBE ZIP
TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE REMIX
CAN CAN IN THE GARDEN
The second single Prince of the Moment was produced by Mauro Malavisi who is best known for his work with B.B. and Q. Band, Change, Revanche, Macho, Zinc and much more. 


 The sound reminds me a lot of another huge italo hit of the period State of the Nation by Industry.



I hope for some of you Cube are a band you didn't know and can appreciate and for others I hope they are just the right stroll down memory lane.

As usual I ask you to show your appreciation for disco vinyl by clicking on the ads.

No comments: