Total Pageviews

Friday, August 11, 2017

My Mine were more then just Hypnotic Tango


A FRESH ZIP OF MY MINE same as mixes mentioned below


Hypnotic Tango by My Mine is an 11 out 10 for me!  It's every magical aspect of italo disco to the third power.  This razormaid remix may even be better then the original, it's certainly longer.  This song stirs up my italo blood.  I'm really not well enough versed in music commentary to explain why.  For me it's just the feeling that I get each and every time I've ever heard it.  The castanets are fun too.  This song will never get old for me.  1983 was so important for me.  I had already enjoyed my first year at American University in D.C. and was finally free to go out to clubs every night.  Clubbing was all I ever wanted to do but in Western Connecticut there wasn't much of a reason to do so!  So in '83 I convinced my Italian parents that I had to get in touch with my ancestral roots but of course that was just an excuse to go out constantly to the Roman clubs.

Hypnotic Tango was everywhere!  On the radio and on the dancefloors and I was losing my teenage mind to it.   DISCO SYNDICATE EDIT THE INSTRUMENTAL


My Mine were three guys from Terni, near Rome and were formed in 1979.  They were originally new wave/punk but were clearly pushed in another direction.  Produced by the legendary Mauro Malavisi who had his hand in so many italo disco projects.  wonderful blog post about Mauro Malavisi and Jacques Fred Petrous.  Though Hypnotic Tango is the most well known song, Cupid Girl and Zorro are quite good and then there's also Juaresh.  MY MINE ZIP

Their first and only album was released in 1985.  In 2016 they recorded a new song called Like a Fool and went on tour in support of it.  They also added a new female vocalist.

Hell even Bananarama did a cover version, which I will have to admit I thought was brilliant even though it was a massive flop for them in 2005, peaking at #26 in their native U.K. Though those trademark harmonies were still so pretty and easy on the ear.  Their version is actually called Look on the Floor so they changed it up a little.



They look a little gay, huh?  1983 was a very new wave kinda year.  Androgyny was all the rage.  Maybe they thought it looked punk!

Hypnotic tango
Tango
Tango!
Stuck in my seat can't move no way the other guys knows the game to play
I'm watchin' her
I'm watchin' me
I'm gettin' brave

Oh
Take him apart say listen to me.
Look on the floor and all is spinning round

Someone told me this was just a dance

And take a chance I ain't met before
Do you think I really have a chance?
Hypnotic tango
Tango
Tango!

Rough diamond he smiles
She looks at him

Ain't gonna be
No story in love

Take me to the dance
Floor by the hand

Give me this night
In a foreign land.
Look on the floor
And all is spinning round
. . .
Look on the floor
And all is spinning round
. . .

Hypnotic
Hypnotic

Hypnotic
Hypnotic -
Look on the floor
And all is spinning round
. . .
Look on the floor
And all is sinning round


No comments: