Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Lamott Atkins is Paul Sharada Keep that Love Alive




Lamott Atkins is the real name of the italo disco artist who went by the name of Paul Sharada.

Here he looks like a reject from Imagination.

What I don't know is if it's really his voice on these records.  From what I hear it's not a person who was brought up speaking English.  But since I don't really know anything about this artist he could be African and his mother tongue be French for instance.

What I do know is that his first italo disco hit was Florida (Move Your Feet).  This 1984 release was on Fuori di Testa Records Italy.


His next release Dancing All the Night was released later that year on il Discotto.  One of my favorite italo labels.  Right there it makes you wonder who chose that title.  Because in proper English it would be Dancing All Night.


My favorite Paul Sharada record is Keep Your Love Alive from 1985.  To be honest it's the only one I really like.


1986's Boxers was certainly an unusual subject for a record.  He had a couple more after that but I don't know them.

1 comment:

Trout nut said...

Paul Sharada is a pseudonym if Lamott Atkins. American actor,joga instructor and former football star. Man of many personalities. In 80-90 he lived in Europe and collaborated as singer with Italo Disco producers.